Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Healing Alts

Lately a few friends have been making healing alts. One even made druid healer, which surprised me since he was trying to make something for every role, and already had the other two roles a druid could do. Somehow I'm the one they come to on advice for talents and healing. It's really interesting teaching others how to use a healing class. Mainly the two people are Dravus who made a druid and Lyricz made a shaman, which is now her main character.

Dravus had leveled from 25 to 60 in one day, and then dual spec'd. I'm a real fan of leveling up your character slowly so you can learn what you like, what the spec's are, and how to use it though. I gave him enough advice and help with talents to get him started, and he should be able to heal things just fine. From what I've heard he can and enjoys it. though I'll have to wait about 10 levels till he gets to where my 70 hunter is to find out how well he's doing. Or level one of my level 30's.

Lyricz was a bit more interesting. We actually started shamans together, but she wanted her's to get to 80 a lot more than I did, so we split apart around level 30. She leveled as a healer, which I consider insane as my 73 druid was pulling around 300 dps in great healing gear back then. Questing was unbearable. Shaman dps as restro seems to be better though, since my shaman is restro at level 40 and can quest a lot better than my druid could.

Helping her I haven't been that useful though. Shaman is a lot different and using what I know I seem to have made a really bad shaman healing spec for her. Not sure at all what went wrong with it. She's got a good spec but seems to need to learn a bit more in order to be an awesome healer. Shaman is a very new world for me, since I slept in the emerald dream for two years right before the dark portal was opened. Or at least that's how I like to put it. My own shaman is only level 40 and near invincible.

And I'm planning to make a new druid soon and level her as a feral druid. I'll definitely dual spec her to healing, since I love that so much. My main goal is to learn the aspects of being a feral druid. I've never had a problem with balance or healing, but being a cat has always been so foriegn to me. I'd just click buttons and then switch back to caster confused as to what I was doing as a cat. I'm a little more successful as a bear, but without talents it seems so hard to do anything. (I really should level my shaman or priest for healing... druid first!)

No comments:

Post a Comment